Netflix cuts ties with Kevin Spacey after sexual misconduct allegations
12:50, Saturday, 04 November, 2017
Netflix severed ties on Friday with Kevin Spacey, one of its biggest stars and the lead in its popular drama "House of Cards," after a number of allegations of sexual misconduct against the Oscar-winning actor. The streaming company suspended production earlier this week of the upcoming sixth and final season of the political intrigue drama, in which Spacey plays U.S. president Frank Underwood. "Netflix will not be involved with any further production of 'House of Cards' that includes Kevin Spacey," the company said in a statement late on Friday. Spacey's publicist cut ties with him on Thursday and it was not known who currently represents him. His departure may not mean the end of the show, however. "While we continue the ongoing investigation into the serious allegations concerning Kevin Spacey's behavior on the set of 'House of Cards,' he has been suspended, effective immediately," Media Rights Capital, the company that produces the show, said in a statement.