Seven killed, 15 wounded in suicide attack, west of Anbar: Ministry
Anbar (IraqiNews.com) At least seven persons were killed, while fifteen others were injured in a suicide attack in west of Anbar, the Interior Ministry reported.
Brig. Gen. Saad Maan, the ministry’s spokesperson, said in a statement on Wednesday, “an attack carried out by a suicide bomber wearing a suicide belt in a coffeeshop in al-Dawarah region, Hit City, left seven killed and fifteen wounded.”
According to news reports, security services imposed curfew starting today until further notice.
Earlier on the day, eight members of the same family were killed and wounded when Islamic State members hurled grenades at the homes of two brothers and members of the Popular Mobilization Forces in Saridiya and Kassara, west of Hit.
Violence in the country has surged further with the emergence of Islamic State Sunni extremist militants who proclaimed an “Islamic Caliphate” in Iraq and Syria in 2014.
A monthly count by the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI), which excludes security members deaths, said 196 civilians were killed, while 381 others were wounded due to violence and armed conflicts during the month of September. The fatalities included 10 foreign nationals. Baghdad was the most affected province with 37 deaths and 157 injuries. Dhi Qar province came in the second place with 82 killed and 93 injured. Anbar came in the third place with 20 killed and 46 injured.